20080513

illimanjaro episódio 2


12may2008 00:00

Portugal shows love for Illimanjaro
Modo actual: aventureiro

Furious here,

For those that didn't know, I was in Portugal for the last two weeks traveling the country with the school I work for. While there I took some opportunities to hand out the 'NOT INVITED' EP to people that I thought might be interested. Apparently it worked because we have been featured on a Portuguese blog by a guy who worked at a record store in Oporto (Porto to the locals) that I gave some records to. Here is the link to check it out.

http://pedrosilva-badabing.blogspot.com/


But just in case you don't speak Portuguese, here is the translation in English.

(Anything in parenthesizes is my clarifications of the translation)

- Here it is! Yesterday I was was taking at easy at FNAC (the record store he works at), when an American customer arrived with some CDs in hand to pay for. We started to talk about music and such and then he asked me if I liked Rock. We started talking about bands and then he offered me his band's CD, Illimanjaro from Queens, NY. I was very happy. I thanked him and I kept the CD. It just might be that I can get a good workout out of it (?) or maybe a good track. After, I didn't make much more of it because I I didn't stop home when I left FNAC and went directly to the Joe Satriani Concert. (Satch was in town that night. I didn't get to go.) This morning when I was messing around with my wallet, I found the disc and started to play it. And wouldn't you know it, all the tracks are cool? I went to search Myspace and they had some real nice stuff. On their Myspace, you can download for free and listen to it. Thank you, George, My lil' American homie, (-inho is a endearing diminuative. Duma figa isn't literally 'Homie' but it's the same kind of thing) you can come here to the blog and read this and you won't even know what I'm saying. Just kidding, I know that there are already dictionaries for these things (actually, it helps to know a native Portuguese person. Obrigado Joe Barreira). He was a really cool guy. This is another way of distributing the work of a band, to always walk with samples in the pocket to pass out. I hope you like Illimanjaro. I sincerely like them very much.-

Muito Obrigado Pedro Silva. We truly appreciated you showing us love. Hopefully we'll make it out to play there sometime soon.

Illiman is going International. Watch out.

Adeus

Furious George



pois é meus amigos... aqui o bada bing foi cato pela banda
que vos falei há coisa de duas semanas!

e eles souberam traduzir o texto todo para inglês do estrangeiro...
lixaram-me bem ehehe. já não posso chamar americaninho
duma figa ao menaço :P agora vamos a ver o que
sairá deste contacto, qualquer dia ainda vemos a banda
a tocar cá em portugal ;) vou é trabalhar que a minha
vida não é esta! vou desenhar que nem um cabalo.
mais uma vez! convido-vos a passar no myspace da banda! abraços!

Sem comentários: